Stairways present access issues if one is faced with the challenges of a disability. I would recommend you view the chair lift for home comparison chart referred to below and to go to our home page to learn about more topics about our service..
- A chair lift for home is a chair attached to a track that is mounted on a stairway.
- Sizes usually fit people up to about 250 lbs.
- There are a few models that will fit a larger person.
- Seats fold to give space for home stair users to pass by the chair.
- Tracks are attached to the stairs...not the wall.
- Most chairs fold and take up about 14" of the stairway.
- The rail takes up about 5-10" of the stairway depending on the model selected.
- Plug in style or battery operated still rely on power to operate.
- Most chair lifts for stairways extend beyond the top step a few inches.
- If you have a door right at the top of your stairs then the exact model selected is extremely important.
- At the bottom of the stairs....the rail goes to the floor...so that the chair lift seat goes to a satisfactory level to transfer.
- Stopping the track and chair short of the bottom landing is not a good idea because this makes the seat higher and more difficult to get on.
Chair Lift Price Factors
stair lift - Home | chair lifts | stair lift comparisons | curved stair lifts | handicapped stairlift | self installed stair lifts | used stair lift | curved stair lift | electric stair lift | stair lift manufacturer | stair chair | stair chair lift | stair glide | stair lift specifications | straight stair lifts