Curved Stair Lifts
Definition of a curved stair lift: Any shape other than a straight set of stairs from the bottom to the top landing. A stairlift that is not straight is custom made.
The easiest was to determine if you need a curved stair lift is to put a piece of wood on your stairs. If the wood can not go directly from the bottom of your stairs to the top without interuption then you need a curved stair lift.
Some straight stair lift manufacturers push two straight stair lifts as a viable option if your stairs consist of two straight componets with a landing. This is only a viable option if the stair lift user can safely transfer to the seat of one chair to another.
To be frank, if the family can afford the price and cost of a curved stair lift, this is usually the best solution to those in need of a stair lift for a curved set of stairs.
- It is very difficult to find used curved stair lifts to fit existing stairs.
- This is due to the fact that the angles of the stair segments and exact shape of the curved section must be within a close tolerance to enable a match.
- The 90° flat landing shape is the most likely shape to match when matching a used lift with another location.
- The most difficult shape to match is a spiral. It is not impossible to match a spiral but extremely unlikely.
- For a custom stairlift the wait time is usually 3-10 weeks.
- Curved lifts require more service over time.
- This may be due to the extra stresses of the chair going around the curve on the track, the manufacturer's ability to make a very precise product, and most important...the local dealers ability to measure accurately.
Why a Curved Stair Lift Would be a Necessity
- Two straight stair lift option would not work since lift user can not easily transfer to the seat of another stair chair at an intermediate flat landing.
- If the user has a hard time transferring mid way up the stairs to another seat then they will also have a hard time transferring to the seat at the top and bottom of the stairs.
- Stair shape is a constant curve.
- Shape of the stairs is such that only a curved stairway lift will work.
- Many wheelchair and scooter users with mobility issues find a home lift solves accessibility barriers in their home. Stairways present access issues if one is faced with the challenges of a disability. A list of curved stair lift manufacturers.
Note that some SILVER CROSS locations offer recycled curved stair lifts. A used curved stair lift would save you thousands of dollars.
stair lift - Home | chair lifts | stair lift comparisons | curved stair lifts | handicapped stairlift | self installed stair lifts | used stair lift | curved stair lift | electric stair lift | stair lift manufacturer | stair chair | stair chair lift | stair glide | stair lift specifications | straight stair lifts