Electric Stair Lift
- An electric stair lift can be plugged directly to household plug and does not rely on batteries.
- An electric stair lift are generally speaking, more reliable that battery operated stair chair lifts.
- Battery operated devices tend to be more problematic over time.
- All batteries eventually fail. And, the timing of the battery failure with a stair lift can be life threatening.
- Having said that, if you live in an area where power outages are more prominent maybe an electric stair lift is not for you.
- There are also electric stair lift models which have a rechargeable battery that will charge at the top or bottom of the staircase when the lift is not in use.
- Keep in mind that all batteries tend to need a replacement every 18-24 months. And the cost to replace batteries is significant with a stair lift.
14 Key Electric Stair Lifts Points
- Most manufacturers suggest a plug that within a few feet of the electric stair lift.
- Plug receptacle must be grounded...three prong type.
- Many of these electric stair lift models are extremely reliable due to the fact that they do not rely on batteries.
- Battery operated stair lift units rely on the condition and strength of the battery which tends to be less reliable than your house electrical supply.
- Confirm local government requirements for electric stairway lifts and the electrical plug requirements. Some local building codes require a dedicated plug.
- All electric stair lifts have a back up fuse. Make sure you know where this is located so as to understand how to change this yourself if necessary when the lift is installed.
- Some stair lifts have a softer start and stop comparable to battery operated models.
- If you have lower back pain and a soft start and stop are important then a DC powered stair glide unit maybe more appropriate.
- All battery operated stair lifts require electricity.
- Most manufacturers also offer a battery operated option to some of their models.
- An electrically run electric stair lift with a battery back up is the best of both worlds in that you have the reliability of electric supply along with the battery power if required.
- The cost of electricity to operate a unit is negligible.
- Consult the local SILVER CROSS location to determine which model best suites your specific
- If price is an issue, consider a used electric stair lift. Most SILVER CROSS locations will be happy to accommodate you with a used electric stair lift.
stair lift - Home | chair lifts | stair lift comparisons | curved stair lifts | handicapped stairlift | self installed stair lifts | used stair lift | curved stair lift | electric stair lift | stair lift manufacturer | stair chair | stair chair lift | stair glide | stair lift specifications | straight stair lifts