SILVER CROSS is not a wheelchair lift or porch lift manfacturer. Our free service compares wheelchair lift manufacturers and finds recycled or low priced new wheelchair lifts. Porch lifts or wheelchair lifts are an exterior or interior platform wheelchair lift or scooter lift.
Key Questions About Wheelchair Lifts
Length of equipment being used? Weight and height of client? Lifting height of wheelchair lifts? Raising of deck height to threshold height? Proximity of electric plug?
- If client is self propelling wheelchair then concrete pad may need to be below grade to mount wheelchair lift.
- Side mounted porchlifts or wheelchair lilfts are difficult for wheelchairs with elevating leg rests, recliners, tilt and geri chairs.
- Porch may need to be raised to threshold height for ease of access by wheelchair.
- Dedicated plug is necessary since lift needs 14.2 Amps at start up.
- If power wheelchair is heavy, then a 20 Amp plug maybe required.
- Trip switches are activated if the safety pan mounted underneath the platform hits any obstruction. Key maintenance issue is to keep debris (leaves, snow etc.) cleared from underneath the platform.
Note: A porch lift requires about 5' x 5' of space, a concrete pad to set the wheelchair lift on so it does not move, a plug and usually a raising of the existing porch. If the lift user can transfer to a seat....a less expensive option would be an interior or exterior stair lift. For more stair lift information please click exterior stair lift!
|Manufacturer / Model||TK Access PL-RA||Savaria Multi Lift||Harmar Highlander||Bruno||Mac's Lift Gate||Stair Climber|
|Weight Capacity.||500 lbs||750 lbs||600 lbs||750 lbs||500 lbs||285 lbs.|
|Platform Length||48" or 54"||54"||53" or 77"||53"||45" or 72"||Not applicable.|
|Platform Width||36"||34"||36"||34"||32"||Not applicable.|
|Overall Width||48.5"||47.5"||48"||48.85"||48"||Not applicable.|
|Overall Length||48" + flap||48" plus flap||48'' plus flap||48.45"+Flap||60"||Portable.|
|Motor||3/4 HP||1 HP||Battery Operated||1 HP||1/2 HP||115 V|
|Drive||Acme Screw||Acme Screw||Acme Screw||Acme Screw||Lifting Chain||Traction control.|
|Key Feature||2 yr warranty on drive||4' or 6'' travel||Up to 77"||Separate up down switch control.||Toggle Switches tamperproof||Attaches to most standard manual wheelchairs. Transports wheelchair users up or down stairs|
Since 1993, over 100 locations, covering 80% of the USA and Canada for wheelchair lift and porch lifts.