SILVER CROSS Ability
SILVER CROSS is a leading supplier and distributor of home accessibility products, including wheelchair lifts, stair lifts, residential elevators, and other mobility products. SILVER CROSS understands the unique needs of wheelchair users in an academic environment and we're willing to help them any way we can. We are proud to introduce the SILVER CROSS Ability Achievement Scholarship!
The SILVER CROSS Scholarship is offered to full time college and university students who use either a manual wheelchair, power wheelchair, or mobility scooter while attending classes. One applicant will be selected to receive the $3,000.00 scholarship award. Our goal with this award is to contribute towards the future of a wheelchair user by offering the winning student financial assistance to help cover the expenses of tuition and books.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university within the United States or Canada as an undergraduate
or graduate student
- Must complete at least one full year of college/university
- Must use a manual wheelchair, power wheelchair, or mobility scooter (exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Must obtain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must have completed the application and submitted their response to the essay question on or before
December 31st, 2013
- Must be a legal resident of the United States or Canada or hold a valid student visa
The essay question:
"What goals have you set for your career and future life and what is your source of inspiration to conquer your perceived challenges in achieving these goals?"
Over 200,000 clients served since 1993 with over 100 bricks and mortar locations. A recycled stair lift, used stair lifts, chair lift stairs, stair chair elevator, reconditioned stairs lift seconds are all part of our stair lifts service.