Stair Chair Lift
Options for stair chair lifts permit the model to best meet the stair chair lift user's specific needs. Some stairs lift users require more customization than others depending on their physical challenges.
You no longer have to change or limit your daily routines because you cant go up and down the stairs. With a stair chair lift, you have access to your entire home again.
A stair chair lift will allow you to be independent and self sufficient and for most people these are essential for their quality of life.
Your homes structure will not hinder the installation of stairs chair lift because the stairs lift is installed on the stair treads. Also, there are many models and designs that would suit any home.
Stair chair lifts may be the answer, if moving from your home is not an option or renovating your home is too costly.
Stair Chair Options:
- Exterior Package - Allows stair chair lifts to be used outdoors. However, an exterior stair lift is a challenge to operate if snow or heavy rain is a weather factor in your area.
- Keyed stair chairs can not be operated unless key is in place and turned to on position. This option is rarely required and ads $200+ price.
- Flip up rail - Permits bottom section of rail to be flipped up out of way. Manual and power available for some models. This is an extremely costly item ($1000+) and can be problematiic over time.
- Hand held pendant control - Available for a few models but if user can not operate lift themselves then it is questionable if a stairlift is appropropriate.
- Track Lengths for stairways in excess of 16'- lengths up to 45 ft are possible depending on model.
- Commercial Lift - for churches, schools, clubs etc. Anywhere a lift is being installed into a non single family dwelling will most likely require permits, government approval and lift upgrades.
- Standing lift - allows client to stand instead of sit. This is applicable to an extremely narrow stairway or a situation where the client can not bend their legs to place their feet on the footrest. This is an expensive type of option.
- Weight capacity over 300 lbs. Only a few are available with this option. Confirm increased seat width is included. If user is close to 300 lbs. then this option should be considered.
- Seat depth of 18" - If stair chair lift user is tall...6' plus or is using a wheelchair and requires more seat stability, then a deeper seat should be considered.
- Solutions can be found through information about handicapped stair lifts to assist in establishing a solution to those with a physical disability. Home stairways present mobility and accessibility barriers. This is especially true for electric scooters and wheelchair users. Stairs chair lifts are viable solutions.
stair lift - Home | chair lifts | stair lift comparisons | curved stair lifts | handicapped stairlift | self installed stair lifts | used stair lift | curved stair lift | electric stair lift | stair lift manufacturer | stair chair | stair chair lift | stair glide | stair lift specifications | straight stair lifts