Stair Chair Installations
- Installation of a stair chairs are usually more than the average family would want to handle themselves. They are many reasons why stair chairs are something you may want a local dealer to install.
- When lift is installed the trip switches tend to be the most problematic part. Great care is required.
- Trip switches are easy to damage during installation regardless of the manufacturer or model.
- The footplate hitting the stairs and activating a stop switch can be common if the lift is not installed properly.
- Most manufacturers boast that their drive system is better than others. In actual fact, most stair chair systems are comparable in dureability. Rack and pinion, cable and chain are common.
- Rack and pinion manufacturers are critical about other stair chair lift drive systems yet most elevators run on cable or chain systems.
- Tracks require proper alignment to assure the stairway lift does not stop when no one technical is close by.
- It is common for most stair chair models to be serviced each year to avoid break downs.
- If a family member is not local or available within an hours notice then a local installer is extremely important.
- Solutions can be found through information about handicapped stair lifts to assist in establishing a solution to those with a physical disability. Home stairways present mobility and accessibility barriers. This is especially true for electric scooters and wheelchair users.
Stair Chair Service Issues
- Serviced every six months or as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Most manufacturers will void the warranty if units are not serviced by an approved dealer.
- Service usually requires the unit to be dismantled to some extent requiring some expertise.
- When a home lift does not work...usually...some wiring expertise is necessary regardless of the model.